Starting in April, or earlier, we pick lots of rhubarb until June on our plots. Here are some recipes and recommendations from members for surprising ways of using it.
- Strawberry rhubarb crisp: two of our favorite fruits, ready in June.
- Rhubarb cordial: Angie says it’s easy to make, delicious to drink.
- Rhubarb chutney: very nice on cheese sandwiches according to Lisa.
- Rhubarb mousse: gentle on the palate, subtle flavour.
- Chocolate rhubarb sponge pudding: “Really easy, and so nice”.
Sweet cicely is an attractive perennial herb with an aniseed scent, easy to grow. It combines especially well with rhubarb: