I know you will think I am obsessed with rhubarb (I am!), but this recipe is so good, I have to share it. It’s really easy and so nice…
A good way to make use of your rhubarb (don’t forget you can donate some rhubarb to the Hedge Veg box for our neighbours if you have some spare, too).
Serves 6 to 8
- 600g rhubarb, trimmed
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 225g softened butter
- 200g SR flour
- 25g cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g dark chocolate, cut into chips
- Oven 200oC/ 180oC fan/ gas 6
- Cut rhubarb into 2cm chunks and mix with 125g sugar in an ovenproof dish (large).
- For the sponge, reserve 2 level tbsps sugar, then place all other ingredients EXCEPT choc chips, in food Processor and cream together. Add the chocolate chips afterwards and stir together.
- Smooth the sponge mixture over the rhubarb, scatter the reserved sugar over the top.
- Bake for 50 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Eat hot, or even better, warm. Recipe recommends custard, I had some cream.