- Apple BiscuitAn old French recipe. Don’t be fooled by the name; it’s actually a cake.
- Apple JuiceWhat do you do with all those windfall apples? Make apple juice …
- Curried Parsnip SoupA delicious and warming winter soup.
- Dried BeansIt is not so hard to cook dried beans on your stove top.
- Golden Apple MincemeatJoan Croft’s delicious filling for tartlets, flans, sponge cake or topping to ice cream…
- Greek Baked Giant BeansWould our white “Aztec” beans work in this dish?
- Jerusalem Artichoke SoupJAs are delicious roasted, and as soup.
- Mexican Refried BeansFrijoles refritos are easy to make, and Borlotti beans work really well.
- OkonomiyakiA Japanese favourite Okonomiyaki is a cabbage ‘pancake’.
- Pumpkin au GratinA simple but comforting bake of pumpkin, potatoes and cheese.
- Spinach with Garlic & GingerAn Indian recipe for spinach, this works with cabbage or kale, too.
- Swedish CrispbreadJayne brought some to our work parties. Delicious!
- Tuscan BeansMy favorite bean dish, using our large white “Aztec” beans, or borlottis.
Recipes for Winter
Recipes to help us through the winter