- Baby Globe ArtichokesPick them young, before the choke develops and try this.
- Chocolate rhubarb sponge pudding“This recipe is so good, I have to share it.”
- Dried BeansIt is not so hard to cook dried beans on your stove top.
- Garlic ScapesAround mid-June our hardneck garlic sends up scapes – curly stems you can eat.
- Greek Baked Giant BeansWould our white “Aztec” beans work in this dish?
- Jerusalem Artichoke SoupJAs are delicious roasted, and as soup.
- Kale SproutsSpring is the time for kale sprouts – the best part of the plant.
- Mexican Refried BeansFrijoles refritos are easy to make, and Borlotti beans work really well.
- RahkomenakakkuA versatile Finnish cake with apples or other fruit.
- RhubarbThere is more to it than pie and crumble.
- Rhubarb Moussehas an unexpected gentleness on the palate and a subtle flavour…
- Sorrel-Onion TartUtterly delicious – worth keeping a small bed of sorrel somewhere.
- Spinach with Garlic & GingerAn Indian recipe for spinach, this works with cabbage or kale, too.
- Swedish CrispbreadJayne brought some to our work parties. Delicious!
- Tuscan BeansMy favorite bean dish, using our large white “Aztec” beans, or borlottis.
Recipes for Spring
Recipes for what is available in spring.