- Rules from Leeds City Council
- Rules from Hollin Lane Allotments
- Officers of Hollin Lane Allotments
Hollin Lane Allotments is a self governing allotment site. That means that we rent the site from Leeds City Council and run it ourselves. We try to keep the number of rules to a minimum, but there still seem to be a lot of them. Some come from the Council and some are our own. We have collected them all together here in PDF format for anyone to download.
- Council Rules for Allotments.
A new set rules for allotments was adopted by the Council in February 2015. Most of the rules apply to Council run sites, but the ones we have to pay especial attention to are in Section 6: General Conditions under which the Allotment Gardens are to be Cultivated
- Rules for Structures and Greenhouses on Allotments.
There are new, more realistic rules concerning structures like sheds and greenhouses, and if we follow them we shouldn’t need to apply for permission in writing in future.
- Pictures of allowed structures.
- Obligations of Trustees. The Trustees are the people who legally represent Hollin Lane Allotments and sign the lease. They are responsible for for the safety of the site, and for making sure that the we keep all the conditions of the lease and enforce the Council’s rules.
- Plot rents are decided by the Council and collected by us, along with fees for water and LDAGF membership. Discounts on rents are available for certain qualifying benefits.
- Rules of the Association. This is our Constitution.
- Guidelines and Information for plot holders at Hollin Lane Allotments.
- Equal Opportunities Policy, adopted unanimously by the Committee on 7/12/2010.
- What You Need to Know: not rules,really – just lots of useful information about gardening here.
- Toilet Fairy Instructions: what to do when it is your turn.
- Privacy and Data Protection: what data we hold about members, and why.
Elected at the Annual General Meeting on 24 October 2017.
- Chair (email):
- J Foster, plot 30, 31B
- Secretary (email):
- A Willshaw, plot 22T
- Plot Letting (email)
- R Hall, plots 12B, 23B
- Treasurer (email):
- N Clarke, plot 20T
- Committee (email):
- A Willshaw, plot 22T
- R Hall 12B, 23B
- N Clarke 20TL
- M Davies 10BR
- J Tennant-Jackson 15BR
- S Stones 9TL
- J Balfour 26B
- C Foren 32BL
- J Olive 24BL
- S Olive 24BL
- Trustees (email):
- J Foster, plot 30
- C Foren, plot 32BL
- J Balfour, plot 26B